Monday, October 20, 2008

First Post

This is my first taste of actual blogging. I'm sure most of the people following this blog know me, so I'll not bore everyone with tons of information about myself. I do want, however, to give a few factoids about myself.

I am from Louisiana. I guess you could say that I was "born on the bayou". I currently reside in San Diego, CA and I love it here. I do miss the small town feel and the Cajun culture that I left behind in Louisiana almost four years ago.

I am 23 years old and I am in a very happy relationship with a gorgeous, funny, and smart girl named Jessica Hepler.

I am a sports and music fan. My loyalties in sports lie with LSU Football, Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Braves, and the Houston Rockets. Music wise I am a fan of rockabilly, punk, classic and alternative country.

Politically I consider myself a Libertarian. Republicans and Democrats are horrible, and one is as bad as the other. Democrats have bad ideas and Republicans have no ideas! Of course there are exceptions, such as Republican Ron Paul who is in fact a Libertarian that ran as a Republican. There are a couple of Democrats that are Libertarians, one example would be Mike Gravel.

Not to worry, I will have plenty to blog about whenever it comes to Libertarianism and what the idea actually means. Let's just say this country was founded upon libertarian ideas.

I am in the military, and to be more specific I am in the U.S. Navy serving on a frigate. I in fact disagree with most everything that our military has come to stand for which is largely due to our idiotic and psychotic foreign policies, and I can say that because it's called Freedom of Speech and that is a human right (back to that Libertarian stuff).

Although I do disagree with the way our military works, I do my job and I keep out of trouble. Yes, I may voice my opinion, but that's better than doing like some so called "patriots" do, and that's following blindly. Not to say that there shouldn't be any order. On the contrary I believe in order in the military, but some of our leaders don't know how to properly enforce the rules that the military lives by, but it's much more complicated than that. Ultimately the fault lies with Washington, the Pentagon, and our foreign policy.

That's all for now. This was basically an introduction and a chance to get my feet wet. I hope to provide my thoughts on everything from politics, sports, music, and my life in general. Take it easy.

No comments: